King William County Sites And Services
Please go to the Upcoming Events page for Household Chemical Collection and Computer Recycling events in your area.
Click HERE for a printable brochure on Drop Off Recycling
Questions? Call the site or 804-758-1900
BATTERIES: Old automobile batteries (lead-acid) may be placed on wooden pallets at the site. Rechargeable household batteries (nickel cadmium, nickel metal hydride, and lithium Ion) are also accepted, and can be dropped off with the site attendant.
BRUSH: Brush may be placed in the trash compactors, but cannot be more than four feet long.
COOKING OIL: Cooking oil is accepted from residents only, in quantities of 5 gallons or less. Do not mix the oil with anything else. Leave used cooking oil with the site attendant.
OIL & ANTIFREEZE: Antifreeze and used motor oil are accepted from residents only, in quantities of 5 gallons or less. Do not mix these liquids with anything else. Leave used oils and antifreeze with the site attendant.
RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES AND CELL PHONES: Rechargeable household batteries (nickel cadmium, nickel metal hydride, and lithium Ion) and cell phones can be dropped off with the site attendant.
SCRAP METAL & WHITE GOODS: Place in the scrap metal container as directed by the attendant. Refrigerators and freezers must have doors removed before being placed in the container.
TIRES: Limit of 12 tires per year, per resident, please remove rim
The following will be accepted at the transfer station and convenience centers:
- Household waste from residents and property owners of King William County.
- Business waste from small businesses with limitations and restrictions described below.
- Small loads, defined as a level full pick-up truck, of construction and demolition waste from contractors with limitations and restrictions described below.
- Tires that are split lengthwise.
- Loads of soil, brick or stone
- Hazardous waste
- Industrial process waste
- Tires from commercial establishments
- Large tree trunks and stumps
- Large animal carcasses
- Any material greater than 4 feet in length
- CARDBOARD: Please place all cardboard in the Cardboard Container.
- METAL, GLASS & PLASTIC: Please place items all together in the Co-Mix Container.
Aluminum foil products(be sure to rinse and remove all residue)
Glass jars & bottles
Clear, brown or green glass is accepted. Rinse and remove lids. Metal lids can be recycled.
Plastic bottles and jugs (#1 and #2 only). Rinse and remove all residue. Remove and throw away lids.
Notes on Plastic: Do not recycle motor oil bottles, other automotive fluid bottles, or pesticide bottles. These types of fluids bond with the plastic so the containers are not longer recyclable.
MIXED PAPER: Please place these items in the Mixed Paper Container:
Newspapers and inserts